Nutty Raspberry Cream Sandwich Cake
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
1. To make the raspberry cream, pour the castor sugar and raspberries into a pot and cook until the sugar melts into a syrup and coats the raspberries.
2. Transfer the raspberries and sugar syrup into the Bosch kitchen machine with plastic blender attachment and blend at speed 2 until smooth. Strain the mixture into the mixer bowl to remove the seeds. Add in the thickened cream.
3. Attach the whisking tool and whisk the cream and the raspberry sauce at speed 5 until well whipped. Remove the raspberry cream and place it in the fridge.
4. To make the cake, place the softened butter and sugar in a clean mixer bowl and mix at speed 4 until it turns into the pale yellow colour.
5. Next, place the eggs one at a time and mix until the batter is smooth. Stop the machine and pour the rest of the ingredients in and mix at speed 5 until it forms a cake batter.
6. Remove and distribute the cake batter into 2 round 6 inch cake tins. Bake in the oven at 175°C for 20 minutes until the surface is lightly browned. To check if the cake is ready, insert a stick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry, the cake is done. Remove it from the oven and leave to cool.
7. Remove the cake from the tins and place one layer of cake on a cake-stand or pretty serving plate. Next, spread half the raspberry cream evenly till it covers the cake completely.
8. Next, place the second layer of cake on top and spread the remaining raspberry cream. Decorate the top with the leftover fresh raspberries and fresh blueberries before serving.