Chocolate Tart with Dried Fruit
Preparation Time: 50 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
For the chocolate tart
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C conventional heat. Line the bottom of a 24 cm spring-form pan with baking paper, lightly grease the side of the pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
2. Roughly chop the couverture chocolate and melt in a metal bowl over a suitably sized pan containing a little boiling water.
3. Thoroughly mix in a third of the sugar, then add another 100 g sugar by tablespoons and beat until the mixture has absorbed the sugar and has a silky sheen.
5. Either remove the egg white or use a second mixing bowl to beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until creamy and fluffy.
6. In the meantime, dice the dried fruit. Add the egg white, couverture chocolate and fruit to the egg yolk crème, sieve on flour and cinnamon and carefully mix.
7. Fill the mixture into the springform pan and put it into the oven on the middle shelf. Bake for 50 minutes until the tart is crispy on the outside and still moist on the inside. Take the springform pan out of the oven and remove the side. Allow the tart to cool, then slide it onto a cake plate and dust with cocoa powder and icing sugar.