Wholemeal Honey & Yogurt Bread
Preparation Time: 120 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
1. Place bread flour, wholemeal flour, castor sugar, salt, instant yeast, yogurt, honey and milk (except the butter) into a mixing bowl. Mix everything and knead for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the butter and continue to knead for another 18 to 20 minutes in a kitchen machine. To test whether the dough is ready, pull and stretch a small portion of the dough. It should be elastic, and can be stretched into a thin membrane without tearing/breaking apart easily.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl. Dust your hand with some flour and shape the dough into a smooth ball. Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover the bowl with cling wrap or a damp cloth and let proof in room temperature (around 28 to 30 degrees Celsius) for about 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl. Dust the work surface with some flour and give the dough a few light kneading to release the air in the dough. Smooth into a ball, cover with cling wrap or damp cloth and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough into a disc and roll out into a rectangular shape about 7 inches by 12 inches. Roll up the dough along the shorter end like a swiss roll to form a log (with a length of about 7 inches or the length of the loaf pan you are using). Pinch and seal the seams tightly. Place dough seam side down in a well greased loaf pan. Cover with cling wrap or damp cloth and leave dough to proof for the second time for about 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until double in size. Brush the top with water and sprinkle rolled oats all over.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown. Remove from oven, unmold and transfer to rack to let cool. Once cooled, store immediately in an airtight container and best consumed within 2 to 3 days.