Oriental Vegetable Noodles
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
1. Pour the bread flour and plain flour into a food processor. Add in one whole egg and one egg yolk into the mixture. Lastly add in 10 tablespoons of water before pulsing. Pulse until a ball of dough is formed.
2. Remove the dough from the food processor and slowly knead it until a very smooth texture is achieved. Wrap it up in cling film and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
3. Once the dough is well rested , dust it with some flour. Press it down and flatten it with a rolling pin. Slice the flatten dough into noodle strips about 1 cm in thickness. Then toss and separate the noodle strips. Coat it with some flour.
4. Boil a pot of water and season it with salt then slowly drop the noodle strips in. Add a little sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking to one other. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes then drain off the noodles.
5. Serve the noodles with your preferred soup base and garnish it with carrots and cucumber. Top it off with tofu, ebiko, spring onions and doh miew sprouts. Drizzle over some sesame oil.
1. Lightly blanch the chicken in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove the chicken and drain away the excess water.
2. Put the chicken into a litre of boiling water. Add in the onions. Season it with salt and sugar. Add in the carrots and the soya sauce.
3. Bring it to boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes at a low heat.
Special thanks to Chef John See