Cappeletti made with Fancy Egg Yolk Dough, Pecorino di Fossa Filling and White Bean Ragout
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
For the White Bean Ragout:
For the Filling:
For the fine pasta dough:
1. Combine pasta semolina flour, salt, eggs and olive oil in the MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine’s mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes using the dough hook attachment until you have a smooth, firm dough. The dough will be especially smooth if all the ingredients are at room temperature. Then wrap pasta dough in clingfilm and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
2. For the filling, toast pine nuts in an ungreased pan until light brown and let them cool on a plate. Grate cheese using the MaxxiMUM’s fine grating disc. Remove tomatoes from oil. Cut them into strips and then into small cubes. Chop pine nuts very coarsely. Mix pine nuts with Pecorino, tomatoes, Ricotta and butter and season to taste with salt, pepper and a pinch of allspice.
3. For the white bean ragout, drain beans, rinse them briefly and drain them again. Clean spring onions by removing the roots and wilted leaves, and chop them into rings, keeping the white and green parts separate. Rinse tomatoes, remove cores, cut an X into the surface, then place them in boiling water for about 20 seconds.
4. Plunge the mixture in step 3 into ice water and peel them. Remove the seeds and chop the flesh. In a nonstick pan, fry pancetta in olive oil over medium heat until crispy. Remove them from the pan and drain them on paper towels. Briefly brown tomatoes and white portions of spring onions in pancetta grease and pour in white wine. Add chicken stock and beans, simmer them for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Using the MaxxiMUM Profi pasta attachment for lasagne, roll out pasta dough into a thin sheet. Towards the end, process twice on the second-thinnest setting. Cover finished pasta sheets with clingfilm. Arrange teaspoonfuls of filling on the pasta sheets in two rows and brush a very thin coating of egg white onto dough.
6. Cut into squares using a pastry wheel. Fold squares in half diagonally and gently press edges together. Bring the two end corners together and press together while folding back the third corner. Place finished cappelletti on a kitchen cloth sprinkled with semolina flour, cover with a second cloth and refrigerate.
7. In a wide pot, bring water to a boil with a large pinch of salt. Add cappelletti to boiling water, reduce heat and simmer for about 4 minutes until done. Return white bean ragout to a boil and stir in green portions of the spring onions. Remove cappelletti from the water using a slotted spoon. Arrange on plates with white bean ragout and garnish with crispy pancetta.
Sold to millions – tested by millions
Whatever your needs, Bosch offers the right kitchen machine to give you perfect results when preparing meals.