Valencia Orange & Almond Cake
Preparation Time: 120 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
1. Place oranges in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 2 hours. Allow the oranges to cool. Discard water. Blend the oranges in a fruit processor.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine eggs and sugar in a pastry mixer and beat at speed 5 till light yellow.
3. Add the blended oranges into the egg mix. Stir the almond meal, flour and baking powder. Mix well at speed 2.
4. Grease a baking pan with butter and dust with flour.
5. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown. Check that an inserted skewer comes out clean.
6. Dust with snow powder before serving.