Classic Teochew Yam Paste (Or Nee) with Candied Pumpkin & Ginko Nuts
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
1. Mix pumpkin with 8 tablespoons of sugar and cure overnight in Bosch kitchen machine. Steam for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Place pandan leaves between the cut yam pieces and steam for 20-30 minutes until the yam is soft.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat oil or lard, then add the yam paste and sugar in. Stir it continuously for 20 minutes. Check the taste for sweetness before adding more sugar to suit your taste.
4. Divide the yam paste into individual serving bowls and spoon the gingko nuts and pumpkin over. Add water to the retained gingko nut syrup.
5. Bring syrup to boil, infuse with 2-3 extra pieces of pandan leaves and thicken it with some cornstarch.
Sold to millions – tested by millions
Whatever your needs, Bosch offers the right kitchen machine to give you perfect results when preparing meals.