|800g Fresh Strawberries||
200g Fresh Strawberries
|45 pieces Ladyfinger Biscuits||
15g Glazing Gel
|60g Icing Sugar|
|280g Whipping Cream|
|350g Mascarpone Cheese (softened)|
|10g Vanilla Extract|
1. Trim about 1cm off 24 pieces of the ladyfinger biscuits. These will form the sides of the cake.
2. Quarter all the strawberries and mix 800g of the quartered strawberries with icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Set them aside.
3. Using a kitchen machine with a balloon whisk, whisk the whipping cream until a firm peak is formed.
4. In another mixing bowl, whisk the mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract until smooth.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the cream mixture.
6. Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate and an 8-inch ring mould on top.
7. Line the sides of the ring mould with the trimmed ladyfinger biscuits standing upright. The sugar coated side should be facing out. Line the base with the biscuits until well covered. Trim to fit if needed.
8. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit base and layer with 1/2 of the quartered strawberries with icing sugar.
9. Create another layer with the remaining biscuits, cover with some of the cream cheese mixture and the remaining strawberries.
10. Then spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the strawberries. Wrap the cake with cling film, and set in the refrigerator for about 8 hours.
11. Mix the remaining quartered strawberries with glazing gel for topping.
12. Top the cake with the glazed strawberries.