Pumpkin & Chorizo Cornbread
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
1. With a sharp knife, slice kernels off the ear of sweetcorn. This should yield about 130g to 150g of corn kernels.
2. Combine corn kernels, cornmeal and buttermilk in Bosch kitchen machine and mix on low speed for 1 minute, until ingredients are thoroughly blended. Transfer mixture to an airtight container, cover, and chill for at least 6 hours. Let mixture come to room temperature before use.
3. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line base of a deep square cake tin (20cm in depth) with baking parchment. Grease and flour sides of tin.
4. Coarsely grate pumpkin flesh. Chop chorizo into small chunks.
5. Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder together into mixing bowl. Add sugar and salt and using the Bosch kitchen machine, mix on low speed for 1 minute, until dry ingredients are thoroughly blended.
6. Add pumpkin, cornmeal mixture, and eggs to dry ingredients in bowl. Beat on medium-low speed with the Bosch kitchen machine for 1 to 2 minutes, until everything is well mixed and batter is evenly blended.
7. Scrape batter into prepared tin. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until risen, well browned on top and a skewer inserted into the cornbread’s centre comes out damp but clean.
8. Transfer cornbread to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Special thanks to Christopher Tan