Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
For the bread dough:
For the filling:
Cream cheese topping:
Crumble topping (optional):
1. To make the bread dough:
- Warm up the milk over the stove and set aside.
- Using the Bosch kitchen machine shedder function, shred the carrots using size 5 blade. Take out the shredded carrots and set aside.
- Pour in the cooled warm milk, yeast, salt and sugar into the mixing bowl. Turn on the Bosch kitchen machine using the hook attachment at speed 1 to mix them.
- Add in all the bread and wholemeal flours and carrots. Mix at speed 1 for about 5 minutes, then at speed 2 for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the butter by parts and mix it into the dough at speed 2 for about 10 minutes.
- Rub some butter in a round bowl. Take the dough out from the mixing bowl and set it to rest in the bowl. Cover with a wet cloth. Let the dough rise for about 45 minutes or until the dough is twice its size.
- Divide the dough into approximately 18 pieces, each 30g.
- Take each piece and press out the air gently. Fold in the edges and form a round ball.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes. Take each ball and press out the air gently.
- Flatten each ball into a 3-inch circle and place it on a buttered baking tray.
- Place a teaspoon of cream cheese topping on top of the dough. Add the fillings on top. Top it off with the crumble.
- Preheat the oven at 190°C. Lower to 150°C and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and place on a baking rack to cool.
2. To make the filling (you can do this while waiting for the dough to rise):
- Cut the apples into 1.5cm cubes and throw away the core.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon powder onto the apple cubes.
3. Cream cheese topping:
- Whip the softened cream cheese and butter together using the Bosch kitchen machine whisking attachment at speed.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk at speed 3.
4. Crumble topping (optional):
- Mix the flour, butter and sugar together using the Bosch kitchen machine blender attachment at speed 2 and 3.