|Pork Belly:||Mandarin Orange Sauce:|
|3kg Pork Belly - Chilled, Washed and Dried||1 Tablespoon Five Spice Powder||6 Mandarin Oranges|
|180g - 200g Coarse Salt||1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar||2 Tablespoons Honey|
|100g Garlic - Chopped||2 Tablespoons White Sesame Oil||1 Tablespoon Sherry/Red Wine Vinegar|
|6 Pieces Preserved Red Beancurd (Sauce)||50ml Chinese White Vinegar||2 Thin Slices Old Ginger|
1. To prepare the pork belly marinade - Add beancurds from the preserved red beancurd sauce, brown sugar, five spice powder, white sesame oil and chopped garlic into a Hand Blender container. Next, blend the ingredients into a smooth paste.
2. Wrap a baking tray with foil. Next, evenly poke holes into the skin of the pork belly, then score the meat of the pork belly.
3. Rub the blended marinade onto the meat of the pork belly evenly.
4. Place the pork belly on a wire rack on top of the baking tray with the meat facing down, and rub generous amount of salt on the skin.
Chill the meat in the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight, without wrapping the pork belly.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C using the “4D Hot Air” function on the oven.
6. Remove the meat from the fridge and temper it to room temperature on the baking tray. Remove the salt on the surface of the skin and wipe it dry.
7. Place the tray of pork belly in the bottom rack of the oven, and cook it at 200°C with the "4D Hot Air" function for about 20 minutes.
8. Remove the pork belly from the oven and brush it with the white vinegar.
9. Place the tray of meat on the middle rack and cook it at 240°C for another 15 minutes using the “Top and Bottom Heat” function.
10. Shift the tray of pork belly to the top rack and roast the meat at 240°C for an additional 10 minutes to crisp up the skin.
11. Juice all the oranges and pour the juice into a small sauce pan. Next, add old ginger slices, sherry or red wine vinegar and honey to the pan.
12. Bring the mixture to a boil. Let the sauce simmer until it reaches a thick consistency. For a thicker sauce, simply add corn starch.
13. Serve the roasted pork belly with mandarin orange sauce.
Serie 8 | Hood and Induction Cooktop
Induction cooktops generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.
Bosch Series 8 Oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: you get perfect results, automatically and gently.