Scallops with Sweetcorn Puree and lkura
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|Sweetcorn Puree:||Scallops:||To Plate:|
1. Sweetcorn Puree
- Melt butter in a medium pan over high heat.
- Stir in sweetcorn and sugar then add stock and cream. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 mins or until sweetcorn is soft.
- Puree mixture with MaxoMixx hand blender on speed 4 for 10 seconds, then press the Turbo button for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Sieve the puree and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet on high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook scallops for 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side; they should feel slightly springy when pressed.
3. To Plate
- Spoon sweetcorn puree over the scallops, garnish with pea sprouts and top with ikura.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Versatile and Convenient Kitchen Assistant
Hand blenders are not only compact, simple to use and easy to clean, but also come with multiple accessories for chopping and blending – making them great for quick and convenient food preparation.