Seafood Curry Stew
Preparation Time: 120 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
|Curry Stew||Seafood Stock|
1. In a pot, heat half tablespoon of olive oil. Place all seafood stock ingredients in excluding the water.
2. Sauté for 10 minutes until fragrant then add in the water to boil for 2 hours until the stock liquid reduces to half.
3. Spread some butter and chopped coriander leaves on all baguette slices.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 175˚C until golden brown.
5. In the meantime, place fresh tomatoes into the Bosch food processor blender and pulse to blend into a chunky puree. Remove and set aside.
6. In a heated pan, sauté red chillies, coriander root, ginger, onions, basil leaves and garlic for 10 to 15 minutes until fragrant. Place in the Bosch kitchen machine blender, add in ¼ cup of water and blend on speed 2 until it becomes a smooth chilli paste.
7. In a heated pot, add in the olive oil, remaining butter, tomato puree and chilli paste. Sauté for 5 minutes then add in the diluted curry powder and simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Add fish, prawn, mussels and eggplant and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Add in seafood stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes over medium fire.
10. Add in light soy sauce and palm sugar. Stir until well mixed and add in the coconut milk and salt; simmer for another 3 minutes.
11. Add in 3 fresh tomatoes and stir well.
12. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately with toasted baguette slices.
Special thanks to Irene Jansen
Food Processor MCM4100
The clever compact food processor for cooking and baking — space-saving thanks to a useful accessories drawer and versatile with over 35 functions